Follow the Flow of Big Roche-A-Cri Creek!
- Plainfield Township – The creek starts with 2 small branches just west of I-39 / 51 southwest of Plainfield, WI. then join together about 1 mile down. There is plenty of Wisconsin DNR public land along the creek.
- Leola Township – As Big Roche A Cri Creek enters Adams County from Waushara and becomes part of Big Roche a Cri Fishery Area which is open to the public and then continues flowing southwest.
- Colburn Township – It enters the farthest most northwest tip of this township for only about a ¼ mile.
- Big Flats Township – The creek keeps getting larger and flows a little faster the farther southwest it goes. It passes Trout Valley which is a one square mile development featuring Big Roche-A-Cri Creek.
- Preston Township – Then it cuts diagonally across the township and forms Big Roche-A-Cri Lake which is a 200+ acre all sports lake. After the water leaves the lake via a small hydro dam it turns into a trout stream.
- Strongs Prairie Township –Big Roche-A-Cri Creek then forms Arkdale Lake which is a small 50 acre body of water controlled by a regular dam then it winds down passed Crystal Brook Woods about 1 mile between in joins with Castle Rock Lake.
Local Area Lake Links & Area Information.